- Audio Engineering and Producing
- Recording Acoustic Instruments and Vocals is our strong suit
- Restoration, Cleanup, and Remastering of Old Recordings
- Project Co-ordination
- All Musical Styles and Any Type of Audio Project welcome!
- $40 per hour
- $35 per hour after 50 hours on same project
Things to Consider
Several studios offer 'Recording Packages' that appear to be very reasonable. We advise you to be aware of 'other costs' which may not be included in the 'package':
Bring your own or we can line up session musicians for you. Each musician charges his/her own fee. Our 'in house' musicians can provide bed tracks of guitars, bass, drums, keyboards, and backup vocals.
- Producers and/or Engineers Fees
Unless you prefer to hire a producer or engineer, our studio rates include these fees.
Digital editing of final mixes to fine tune and sequence for CD and cassette manufacturing. This has become an essential process for every project.
- Mechanical License Fees
Royalties to songwriters or copyright owners. As of Jan. 1, 2010, the standard Canadian industry rate is 8.3 cents per copy per song. (Click here for more info.)
Photos, Artwork, Graphics, Liner Notes to prepare 'camera ready' cover material and/or film for CD's.
- Duplication & Manufacture
Printing & Duplication costs by pressing plants vary with number of copies made (100, 300, 500, 1000, 2000, more).
Usually under $100
Should your project require meals or accommodations, we can help to arrange for these in our area. We are also prepared to provide meals and overnight accommodations ourselves at a nominal charge.
We provide project coordination to help you obtain outside musicians, mechanical licenses, photographers, graphic artists, and manufacturers.
We shall be pleased to prepare an overall budget estimate for you after discussing your particular project needs.
- Hard Disk / EMU-Ensoniq "PARIS"
- 128 tracks: "Professional Audio Recording Integrated System"
- Digital Mastering to stereo CD-R via Samplitude "Red Roaster"
- ½" Analog Tape / Tascam MSR-16S with Dolby 'S' - 16 tracks - can be used for tracking
- Tascam M-2516, Ensoniq Control 16 Pro
- Tannoy PBM-6.5
DIGITAL PROCESSING SOFTWARE:
- Ensoniq "PARIS" 2.2 EFX Reverb, Delay, Compression, NO LIMIT
- Sek'd "Red Roaster" including Multi-Band Compression, De-Hissing, FFT
- Antares "Auto-Tune"
- PG Music Sequencing
- Yamaha SPX 900 Multi EFX
- BBE Sonic Maximizer
- DBX Dual Compressor/Limiter/Gate
- Beyerdynamic C740, AKG, Shure, Peavey
- Antares "Mic Modeler" software
- 3 pairs AKG K240
- 1 pair Sennheiser HD280
- 1 pair Beyerdynamic DT770
- Parlour Sound Room: 11' by 12' (includes Hardman baby grand piano circa 1930's)
- Entry "Studio B": 7' by 7' (used as isolation booth)
- Large verandah & gazebo, beautiful waterview
- 50 minutes to Charlottetown, 15 minutes to Wood Islands ferry from Nova Scotia
- Restaurant & take-out 2 minutes away
- Washroom & kitchen facilities in house
- No smoking inside studio, but welcome on outside verandah
- Languages: English, slow French
For basic information about the studio visit the studio page.
For studio rates and specifications visit the services page.
For studio news visit the news page.
For a list of recordings made at the studio visit the discography.
For a complete bio of Gordon Belsher visit Gordon's personal bio.